CGI Authentication

Gizmo gizmo at thegremlins.net
Fri Aug 30 11:01:54 CEST 2002

Hi guys,

I have disabled the CGI Authentication of my Nagios because I have protected my webserver on IP based authtentication, but when I want to schedule a downtime I get this message:

Sorry Dave, I can't let you do that...

It seems that you have chosen to not use the authentication functionality of the CGIs.

I don't want to be personally responsible for what may happen as a result of allowing unauthorized users to issue commands to Nagios,so you'll have to disable this safeguard if you are really stubborn and want to invite trouble.

Read the section on CGI authentication in the HTML documentation to learn how you can enable authentication and why you should want to.

well since I'm really stubborn, I want to dissable this safeguard, but I have no clue how to do that.
Can anyone help me out with that?

thanks in advance

Rob van de Camp

The Netherlands