plugin compile problems

Rusch, Daniel Daniel.Rusch at GlobalCrossing.com
Wed Aug 28 15:33:49 CEST 2002

run "which make" and check to see which version of make your system is
running.  If it's not gnu make change your path, if you have gnu make, to
point at gnu make first. If you don't have gnu make. down load it. You will
probably also need autoconf, automake and autoheader.  Get them from
sunfreeware.com.  Lastly, before you re-run configure rm the config.* files
and/or  maybe run make distclean.

DR

-----Original Message-----
From: Rick Bartschi [mailto:rick at myriad.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 27, 2002 5:43 PM
To: nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Nagios-users] plugin compile problems

I am having trouble compiling the plugins on Solaris 8.  I have downloaded
nagiosplug-1.3-beta1, run configure with the following options:

sh ./configure --prefix=/opt/nagios --with-nagios-user=sysadmin
--with-nagios-group=sysadmin

configure seems to run ok, but when I try a 'make all', I get the following
errors:

 smc:59:/opt/nagios/plugins/nagiosplug-1.3-beta1# make all
Making all in plugins
mksh: Fatal error in reader: = missing from replacement macro reference
Current working directory /opt/nagios/plugins/nagiosplug-1.3-beta1/plugins
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get around this problem?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Rick