plugin compile problems

Rick Bartschi rick at myriad.com
Wed Aug 28 00:42:42 CEST 2002

I am having trouble compiling the plugins on Solaris 8.  I have
downloaded nagiosplug-1.3-beta1, run configure with the following

sh ./configure --prefix=/opt/nagios --with-nagios-user=sysadmin
--with-nagios-group=sysadmin

configure seems to run ok, but when I try a 'make all', I get the
following errors:

 smc:59:/opt/nagios/plugins/nagiosplug-1.3-beta1# make all
Making all in plugins
mksh: Fatal error in reader: = missing from replacement macro reference
Current working directory
/opt/nagios/plugins/nagiosplug-1.3-beta1/plugins
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get around this problem?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Rick