Nagios is running, but . . .

Subhendu Ghosh sghosh at sghosh.org
Fri Aug 23 06:15:26 CEST 2002

In cgi.cfg....

# NAGIOS PROCESS CHECK COMMAND
# This is the full path and filename of the program used to check
# the status of the Nagios process.  It is used only by the CGIs
# and is completely optional.  However, if you don't use it, you'll
# see warning messages in the CGIs about the Nagios process
# not running and you won't be able to execute any commands from
# the web interface.  The program should follow the same rules
# as plugins; the return codes are the same as for the plugins,
# it should have timeout protection, it should output something
# to STDIO, etc.
#
# Note: If you are using the check_nagios plugin here, the first
# argument should be the physical path to the status log, the
# second argument is the number of minutes that the status log
# contents should be "fresher" than, and the third argument is the
# string that should be matched from the output of the 'ps'
# command in order to locate the running Nagios process.  That
# process string is going to vary depending on how you start
# Nagios.  Run the 'ps' command manually to see what the command
# line entry for the Nagios process looks like.

nagios_check_command=/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nagios -F
/usr/local/nagios/var/status.log -e5 -C nagios