nrpe

Rusch, Daniel Daniel.Rusch at GlobalCrossing.com
Fri Aug 23 00:05:37 CEST 2002

All,

First thanks for the help on the previous posts

I am trying to get nrpe to work.

I have the nrpe daemon running on a linux server (10.24.2.59)

On the box that is running nagios, as the usr nagios I can run:

./check_nrpe 10.24.2.59 -p 5666 -c check_users

it reports back correctly.

but nagios reports the service as pending  (Service check is scheduled)

What did I miss?

Dan

config files:

# 'check_nrpe' command definition
define command{
        command_name    check_nrpe
        command_line    /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nrpe $HOSTADDRESS$
-p 5666 -c $ARG1$
        }

# Service definition
define service{
        use                             generic-service         ; Name of
service template to
 use

        host_name                       hal9000
        service_description             remote nrpe
        is_volatile                     0
        check_period                    24x7
        max_check_attempts              3
        normal_check_interval           1
        retry_check_interval            1
        contact_groups                  testbert
        notification_interval           30
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            w,u,c,r
        check_command                   check_nrpe!check_users