mail notifications

todd.jones at weirslurry.com todd.jones at weirslurry.com
Tue Aug 20 22:44:18 CEST 2002

I am running nagios 1.05b on Redhat7.3.  I am having some issues getting
nagios to send Email messages to an outside Email account.

I've been working on the problem for some time and it has to do with the
from field.  The from field shows up as nagios at localhost, and my isp's smtp
server rejects this.  I've been working with Sendmail's masquerading
feature to try to get it to work, but nothing seems to make it change.

I do have a valid Email account of nagios with my isp.  Any experiences or
help with this issue would be appreciated.

Regards,

Todd Jones
Network Administrator
Weir Slurry