Escalation Bug maybe?

Russell Scibetti russell at quadrix.com
Tue Aug 20 19:20:06 CEST 2002

I am currently running Nagios 1.0b3.  I have one escalation set up to
cover all services and hosts (everything has the same basic scheme, 1st
notification to operations, 2nd to the admins, and 3rd and up to
everyone).  For the 3rd escalation and beyond, I set the
last_notification setting to be 0, so that notifications would not stop
until the problem went away (or was acknowledged, etc.)  However,
instead of the notification continuing, the 3rd notification was the
last one I received.  There was no 4th notification, 5th, etc.  Here is
the entry in my config file:

define serviceescalation{
        host_name                       *
        service_description             *
        first_notification              3
        last_notification               0
        contact_groups                  dutygroup
        }

Has anyone else had this problem?  Has this been fixed in the more
recent version of Nagios?  Any feedback would be helpful.  Thanks.

-Russell Scibetti

--
Russell Scibetti
Quadrix Solutions, Inc.