mail notifications

Demetri Mouratis dmourati at cm.math.uiuc.edu
Wed Aug 21 02:28:44 CEST 2002

What's the hostname on your Nagios box?  Is it in DNS?  Do you have a
smarthost setup or are you trying to send internet mail directly from your
Nagios box?

I have a setup like this:

Nagios box
Private IP
In Internal DNS
Smarhosts to corporate mail relay

Corporate mail relay in external DNS
public IP

Works just fine.

On Tue, 20 Aug 2002 todd.jones at weirslurry.com wrote:

> I am running nagios 1.05b on Redhat7.3.  I am having some issues getting
> nagios to send Email messages to an outside Email account.
>
> I've been working on the problem for some time and it has to do with the
> from field.  The from field shows up as nagios at localhost, and my isp's smtp
> server rejects this.  I've been working with Sendmail's masquerading
> feature to try to get it to work, but nothing seems to make it change.
>
> I do have a valid Email account of nagios with my isp.  Any experiences or
> help with this issue would be appreciated.
>
> Regards,
>
> Todd Jones
> Network Administrator
> Weir Slurry