SNMP Monitoring

Subhendu Ghosh sghosh at sghosh.org
Wed Aug 14 15:22:53 CEST 2002

The CGIs currently have access to all the config files except resource.cfg
where all the USERx macros are stored.

One reason not to have snmp_community in the host definition is that it
will increase the memory footprint because you will have to allocate a
struct member for all hosts. Otherwise we could add NSClient passwords and
other access method information as well.

Keeping the community names in resource.cfg can be painless if one can
make up a mapping between classes of devices with common communities and
the USERx macro numbers.  e.g I use USER10 for all switches/hubs, USER11
for all hosts/server, USER9 for all routers.

-sg