Host Down - no packets lost, just a rta higher than 10 ms

Terry Simons galimore at mac.com
Mon Aug 12 20:58:52 CEST 2002

Katie,

The problem appears to be in your command_line option:

command_line   /opt/apps/nagios/libexec/check_ping -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -w
5,1% -c 10,5% -p 5 -t 1000

You're telling it to send a critical notification if you have 10ms of
latency, or 5% packet loss.

You had 14 ms of latency, thus it sent out a critical notification.

Hope that helps,

- Terry

On Monday, August 12, 2002, at 12:41 PM, katherine.elliott at autodesk.com