[naemon-users] Problem installing 1.0.7

Jens Hyllegaard (Soft Design A/S) jens.hyllegaard at softdesign.dk
Thu Jun 7 13:46:20 CEST 2018

I am trying to upgrade to the latest available testing version on consol.de
The server is running Ubuntu 16.04.
To install the latest version I have to force the update using the following command:
apt install naemon=1.0.7 naemon-core=1.0.7 naemon-livestatus=1.0.7 naemon-thruk=1.0.7

It then asks me if I want to downgrade to that version. Replying yes to this, makes the install proceed.
The Naemon package asks if I want to use the included naemon.cfg or use the existing. I choose to use the existing.

It then seems to start the naemon service via system and fails with this error: /usr/bin/naemon: symbol lookup error: /usr/bin/naemon: undefined symbol: nm_g_log_handler_id
The rest of the installation does not proceed after this.

What can be the cause of this?

Regards

Jens