[naemon-users] Upgrading to .9.1 caused the backend processes to need to be manually started at the console

Andreas Ericsson ageric79 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 19:52:57 CET 2015

On 2015-02-09 23:13, Justin Laughlin wrote:
> Hello Group,
>
> About an hour ago I upgraded from 0.8 to 0.9.1 using
>
>        apt-get install naemon
>
> I chose to keep my existing config files after looking at the differences.
> Upon launching Thruk/Naemon from my browser it reports that the backend
> processes are not running.  It is unable to read
>
>       /var/cache/naemon/live
>
> Ultimately, I manually launched Naemon at the console:
>
>        /usr/bin/naemon   /etc/naemon/naemon.cfg
>
> Everything seems to start up and the Thruk/Naemon web interface works as
> expected.  In the past, it started up upon system boot.  Evidently that is
> no longer the case.
>
> Do you have any advice for me?   The monitoring server is running Debian 8.

Umm, I think that could be a problem in the upgrade script rather
than in the actual code or default settings as such. It worked nicely
enough for me, although I'm on Linux Mint (a debian-based system), so
maybe there are some changes there.

Does it start as intended if you reboot the machine?

/Andreas