[naemon-dev] Naemon Livestatus update

Eron Nicholson eron at basecamp.com
Fri Mar 28 19:58:21 CET 2014

Hello,
  I am attempting to use Naemon with Check_MK.  Check_MK released a
new version of livestatus today (1.2.5i1) which supports Nagios 4.
However, I am getting errors when trying to use it with Naemon :

[1396026973] Error: Could not load module
'/usr/lib/check_mk/livestatus.o' -> /usr/lib/check_mk/livestatus.o:
undefined symbol: get_next_log_rotation_time
[1396026973] Error: Failed to load module '/usr/lib/check_mk/livestatus.o'.
[1396026973] Error: Module loading failed. Aborting.

We have been having issues with the forked naemon version of
livestatus crashing.  We push in a lot of passive services, and it
seems that this is causing livestatus to crash.  The forked version is
quite old.  I was wondering if there was a plan to update naemon's
livestatus to a more recent version or if there was a plan to allow
naemon to integrate with the latest version of livestatus.

Thanks,

Eron Nicholson
Systems Administrator | Basecamp