[naemon-dev] metrics enhancement

Robin Sonefors ozamosi at flukkost.nu
Wed Jan 8 10:48:41 CET 2014

On 2014-01-07 06:44, Daniel Wittenberg wrote:
> Another nifty feature I think would be nice to have is a “performance” resource, so one that
 > just collects metrics and nothing more.  So I know you can do that
now by just making it show
> ‘OK’ but sometimes I just want it to quietly collect perf data and nothing more.  I’m guessing
> I’m probably the only weird one who wants something like that though…

How should that relate to other services and/or hosts? As in, is there a
context where you want the performance available?

It might be useful to be able to map extra performance checks for a
host/service, and in a UI merge that information with the information
retrieved from the regular host/service check - for example, you want
your RAM to be used, goshdarnit, but you'd still like it to be graphed
with the other services on the host. Do I understand you correctly?