Custom variable change notifies broker module

Michael Friedrich michael.friedrich at univie.ac.at
Sat Sep 17 13:52:47 CEST 2011

On 16.09.2011 08:25, Matthieu Kermagoret wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 1:52 PM, Andreas Ericsson<ae at op5.se>  wrote:
>> I take it you want this for mk_livestatus for some reason? I won't
>> add it unless there's a usecase for it, and the potential case
>> where ndoutils might need it isn't strong enough for that. A used
>> module wanting this to make it more effective would be a strong
>> incentive to put it in though.
>>

> I have no incentive to propose. This was just a solution to provide an
> effective way for modules to get notified of custom variable updates
> (like NDOUtils which just dump all host/service variables at each
> status update). However as you said, this could be done through
> external commands so never mind.

i did not yet jump onto that, as i know that ndoutils do not process
adaptive data currently (the code remarks TODO). even though i think
providing such methods and adding more callbacks to current NEB would be
a good idea either way and open more (legal) possibilities for neb modules.

so +1 from my side.

kind regards,
michael

--