Suggestion to first_notification_delay

Matthieu Kermagoret mkermagoret at merethis.com
Thu Sep 15 09:40:23 CEST 2011

On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 11:21 PM, Andreas Ericsson <ae at op5.se> wrote:
> It took me quite a while to grok what you're saying, although the code
> speaks clearly enough for itself. To clarify for others who might not
> have the stamina to apply the MUA-mangled patch and read the code for
> themselves, the patch intends to make first_notification_delay depend
> only on the first non-OK hard state change and not reset the timer for
> new hard states that replace the one that initially triggered the
> first_notification_delay.

From what I understand from this patch, your explanations are the
expected behavior but not what really happens with the code. Indeed
the patch base the first_notification_delay on the last hard state
change, not the first non-OK hard state change. Both might be the same
but only if the hard state have not changed during the first
notification delay (from critical to warning for example).

Best regards,

--
Matthieu KERMAGORET | Développeur

mkermagoret at merethis.com

MERETHIS est éditeur du logiciel Centreon.