Suggestion to first_notification_delay

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Tue Sep 6 23:21:54 CEST 2011

On 09/02/2011 10:15 PM, Rogerio F Cunha wrote:
> I have tested those modifications on Nagios 3.2.3 source and I think it
> works better than the original code. The patch keeps the first notification
> greater then the last  state change, whenever the state changes happens.

It took me quite a while to grok what you're saying, although the code
speaks clearly enough for itself. To clarify for others who might not
have the stamina to apply the MUA-mangled patch and read the code for
themselves, the patch intends to make first_notification_delay depend
only on the first non-OK hard state change and not reset the timer for
new hard states that replace the one that initially triggered the
first_notification_delay.

Nice patch. I'll take this when I get back from the US on wednesday
next week. If you haven't seen anything around friday next week, feel
free to remind me.

Thanks.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se

on peace.

Malware Security Report: Protecting Your Business, Customers, and the
Bottom Line. Protect your business and customers by understanding the
threat from malware and how it can impact your online business.
http://www.accelacomm.com/jaw/sfnl/114/51427462/