Integrating Nagios with Test Driven Development

Vonnahme, Nathan nathan.vonnahme at bannerhealth.com
Thu Jun 9 19:56:09 CEST 2011

Cool!  Nagios-cucumber looks like a great tool. I knew I wasn't the only one thinking along those lines.

You're right that Nagios isn't a Continuous Integration tool. I'm just thinking that functionality can suffer because of things other than new commits, especially on a production app. So reusing existing functional tests for monitoring seems like a good way to increase monitoring coverage.

And I think sysadmins could benefit from using test tools to prove assertions about the environment and infrastructure underneath the application.

Thanks for your feedback, Ranjib!
-n