Errors while testing Nagios

Mathieu Gagné mgagne at iweb.com
Sat Oct 23 00:21:00 CEST 2010

On 10/21/10 10:59 PM, Ton Voon wrote:

> Can you run a make clean first?

I already ran make clean and recompiled with clean sources.

I cloned git://git.op5.org/nagios.git since the repository on
Sourceforge isn't working at all:
http://nagios.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=nagios/nagios;a=tree

Is git://git.op5.org/nagios.git update to date?

> Otherwise, which platform is this on? Tinderbox says this works on 4
> systems: http://tinderbox.nagios.org/nagios/status.html

I tested on:
* Debian Lenny amd64 2.6.24-24-xen and
* Mac OSX 10.6.4

Tests are both resulting in the same errors and failures.

Am I missing libraries or did I miss steps?

>> I'm also having issues with perl tests in ./t/900-configparsing.t
>> (test-perl.log). Am I supposed to do something to make those tests
>> pass out of the box?
>
> Run the diff command stated - that should show you where the
> differences are. I've just committed a change to output the diff in a
> failure scenario. (My guess is that this git branch of yours contains
> some changes from CVS nagios)

Am I supposed to run the proposed commands to make it work? Is it the
intended behavior?

900-configparsing...............NOK 2/2

#   Failed test 'Nagios precached objects discrepency!!!
# Test with: diff -u
/home/mgagne/git/nagios/t/var/objects.precache.expected
/home/mgagne/git/nagios/t/var/objects.precache.generated
# Copy with: cp /home/mgagne/git/nagios/t/var/objects.precache.generated
/home/mgagne/git/nagios/t/var/objects.precache.expected'
#   at 900-configparsing.t line 34.
# Looks like you failed 1 test of 2.

Thanks!

--