Errors while testing Nagios

Ton Voon tonvoon at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 04:59:04 CEST 2010

On 21 Oct 2010, at 23:04, Mathieu Gagné wrote:

> Hi,
>
> From the developer guidelines [1], I ran those commands:
>
> ./configure --enable-libtap && make nagios && make cgis && make test
>
> Unfortunately, the compilation fails with the output attached
> (output.log) to this message. Can someone enlighten me about the
> cause of those errors? They are an extract from "make
> test_timeperiods" in ./t-tap

Can you run a make clean first?

Otherwise, which platform is this on? Tinderbox says this works on 4
systems: http://tinderbox.nagios.org/nagios/status.html

(Though strangely, there is a temporary failure on test_events. I've
just committed more diagnostics if this happens again - could be time
or server load related).

> I'm also having issues with perl tests in ./t/900-configparsing.t
> (test-perl.log). Am I supposed to do something to make those tests
> pass out of the box?

Run the diff command stated - that should show you where the
differences are. I've just committed a change to output the diff in a
failure scenario. (My guess is that this git branch of yours contains
some changes from CVS nagios)

Ton

http://p.sf.net/sfu/nokia-dev2dev