alternative scheduler

Fredrik Thulin ft at it.su.se
Wed Nov 24 21:07:40 CET 2010

On Wed, 2010-11-24 at 13:35 +0100, Andreas Ericsson wrote:
> On 11/24/2010 01:10 PM, Fredrik Thulin wrote:
> >
> >>   Are you using an OCS[PH] command that takes forever to run,
> >
> > I use almost exactly the submit_check_result from
> > http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/distributed.html - with
> > hard coded IP number for the master server.
> >

> Ah. Scrap that and use Merlin instead. Or, if you absolutely have
> to keep using send_nsca, make the command just chuck the checkresults
> in a file and keep a separate daemon running to send them upstream
> without setting up a new connection for each check that runs. While
> the command you've specified runs, nothing else happens.

Bummer. Did I miss the bright red warning about that in the
documentation, or is it not there? What other significant tasks are
performed synchronously?

I changed the shell script to just append check results to a file, and
then sent the content of that file using send_nsca once every 15 seconds
- totally separate from the Nagios process.

No noticeable improvement though, I'm afraid. Still the inverted shark
fin shape in the graph :(

http://people.su.se/~ft/test/mrtg_nagios-dev-srv1_2010-11-24/nagios-f.html

I switched back to Nagios scheduler at 14:00.

/Fredrik

http://p.sf.net/sfu/intelisp-dev2dev