alternative scheduler

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Wed Nov 24 13:35:09 CET 2010

On 11/24/2010 01:10 PM, Fredrik Thulin wrote:

>>   Are you using an OCS[PH] command that takes forever to run,
>
> I use almost exactly the submit_check_result from
> http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/distributed.html - with
> hard coded IP number for the master server.

Ah. Scrap that and use Merlin instead. Or, if you absolutely have
to keep using send_nsca, make the command just chuck the checkresults
in a file and keep a separate daemon running to send them upstream
without setting up a new connection for each check that runs. While
the command you've specified runs, nothing else happens.

If I were you, I'd use Merlin though. It was written for distributed
and loadbalanced setups and doesn't suffer from any of the performance
issues that haunts older ways of setting such things up.

http://www.op5.org/community/plugin-inventory/op5-projects/merlin

You'll also want to read these documents before you get started:
http://git.op5.org/git/?p=nagios/merlin.git;a=blob;f=HOWTO;hb=master
http://git.op5.org/git/?p=nagios/merlin.git;a=blob;f=README;hb=master

Let me know how it turns out.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se