Question, and an Update for Command Expansion Patch

Jochen Bern Jochen.Bern at LINworks.de
Fri Nov 5 17:13:25 CET 2010

On 11/05/2010 04:21 PM, Michael Friedrich wrote:
> Jochen Bern wrote:
>> While I'm writing: I intend to streamline some more patches so that they
>> can be included into the authoritative source, but need to be activated
>> by explicit request. I'm thinking along the lines of
>>     CFLAGS="-DFEATURE_XY"
>> and optionally adding support into configure, pretty much like
>>     --with-feature-xy
>> Or is there an established other syntax/format/... to do this?
>
> What kind of patches/enhancements and can they be made optional by a
> config option instead?

I'll save myself an 0x3e8 words and provide a screenshot instead.

I suppose that putting the control into cgi.cfg would be possible; the
bloat caused by having both variants in the executables should be low
enough ...

Kind regards,
								J. Bern
--
Jochen Bern, Systemingenieur --- LINworks GmbH <http://www.LINworks.de/>
Postfach 100121, 64201 Darmstadt | Robert-Koch-Str. 9, 64331 Weiterstadt