Question, and an Update for Command Expansion Patch

Michael Friedrich michael.friedrich at univie.ac.at
Fri Nov 5 16:21:32 CET 2010

Jochen Bern wrote:
> On 08/31/2010 04:19 PM, Jochen Bern wrote:
>> The whitespace detection is still not quite finished because I hit a
>> snag in the existing code, namely, in cgi/cgiutils.c::url_encode() :
> In the process of touching up 3.2.3 (CVS HEAD as of today) to include my
> local patches, I had a look at the references to url_encode(); I don't
> think that any reference *other* than the Command Expansion will ever
> feed control characters into it. Thus, I fixed the "is a space"
> comparison and removed the workaround in CE.
>
> Also included in the attached patch:
> -- corrected typo in "entry" hyperlink (thanks to Alexey Dvoryanchikov,
>     via Icinga / Michael Friedrich)

Just to correct this - I only notified you about that, patch origin is
over here: http://tracker.nagios.org/view.php?id=169

I've tested and applied it in Icinga GIT, so it could run straight up
into Nagios HEAD too.

> -- added hyperlinks to the CE of (active) check commands and event
>     handlers into the extinfo.cgi pages of hosts and services
>
> -------
>
> While I'm writing: I intend to streamline some more patches so that they
> can be included into the authoritative source, but need to be activated
> by explicit request. I'm thinking along the lines of
> 	CFLAGS="-DFEATURE_XY"
> and optionally adding support into configure, pretty much like
> 	--with-feature-xy
> Or is there an established other syntax/format/... to do this?

What kind of patches/enhancements and can they be made optional by a
config option instead?

Kind regards,
Michael

> Kind regards,
> 								J. Bern

> The Next 800 Companies to Lead America's Growth: New Video Whitepaper
> David G. Thomson, author of the best-selling book "Blueprint to a
> Billion" shares his insights and actions to help propel your
> business during the next growth cycle. Listen Now!
> http://p.sf.net/sfu/SAP-dev2dev

DI (FH) Michael Friedrich

Vienna University Computer Center

email: 	michael.friedrich at univie.ac.at