Question, and an Update for Command Expansion Patch

Michael Friedrich michael.friedrich at univie.ac.at
Fri Nov 5 17:30:38 CET 2010

Jochen Bern wrote:
> On 11/05/2010 04:21 PM, Michael Friedrich wrote:
>> Jochen Bern wrote:
>>> While I'm writing: I intend to streamline some more patches so that they
>>> can be included into the authoritative source, but need to be activated
>>> by explicit request. I'm thinking along the lines of
>>>      CFLAGS="-DFEATURE_XY"
>>> and optionally adding support into configure, pretty much like
>>>      --with-feature-xy
>>> Or is there an established other syntax/format/... to do this?
>> What kind of patches/enhancements and can they be made optional by a
>> config option instead?
> I'll save myself an 0x3e8 words and provide a screenshot instead.
>
> I suppose that putting the control into cgi.cfg would be possible; the
> bloat caused by having both variants in the executables should be low
> enough ...

1. MultiUrl Patch has been applied to Icinga since 1.0.2 and so far it
is working, not being optional. Some bug reports, all fixed for now.
Seems that people are using it.

2. Is a patch from Nagios Tracker, I've slightly modified the Javascript
to fit into Icinga's index.html. Confirmed working on FF and Opera. If
that's what you are referring to - https://dev.icinga.org/issues/954 but
I am not sure if you are talking about the same as I am ;-)

3. sounds interesting. If you need help up on making it a config option,
just let me know. Then I'll provide a patch for both Icinga and Nagios.

Kind regards,
Michael

> Kind regards,
> 								J. Bern

> The Next 800 Companies to Lead America's Growth: New Video Whitepaper
> David G. Thomson, author of the best-selling book "Blueprint to a
> Billion" shares his insights and actions to help propel your
> business during the next growth cycle. Listen Now!
> http://p.sf.net/sfu/SAP-dev2dev

DI (FH) Michael Friedrich

Vienna University Computer Center

email: 	michael.friedrich at univie.ac.at