The nagios community wants to keep its open soul

nap naparuba at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 15:44:06 CET 2010

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 3:24 PM, Michael Friedrich <
michael.friedrich at univie.ac.at> wrote:

> nap wrote:
> > Maybe we can add a bug ticket so ideas.nagios.org
> > <http://ideas.nagios.org> ask real names?
>
> Problem is that the voting system allows anonymous votes, generating a
> random user "login" for each vote. session based cookies, hidden by an
> ajax based vote - some people might be able to exploit that. But it does
> not really explain the returning series of up/down votes - that's for
> the sysadmin at nagios enterprises.

Yes and that is a answer about presentation (and everyone can choose to do
not look at it, it seems that some peoples already choose it), but we still
wait an answer about the content of the open letter.

Maybe that was the only anwser we will have? But I still hope we will have a
true one in some times, and not about names in a vote system.

> Or maybe we can really think
> > people ask a road map for this project and answers? You can also read
> > some of the post around the web like
> > http://linuxfr.org/~naparuba/29408.html<http://linuxfr.org/%7Enaparuba/29408.html>(sorry this one is in french)
> > that speak about it and see what real people (with not a random name if
> > you prefer) thinks about the need of answer about where the project is
> > going.
>
> Hm, would be nice if you could translate a bit. Others might not
> understand a bit of French as I do.

There a quite too much for my poor english capabilities but the major part
of theses posts is resumed by "he can be irritated about icinga for the
treademark conflict, but in an open source community we can speak about what
we want".

Jean