The nagios community wants to keep its open soul

Michael Friedrich michael.friedrich at univie.ac.at
Thu Feb 25 15:24:04 CET 2010

nap wrote:
> Maybe we can add a bug ticket so ideas.nagios.org
> <http://ideas.nagios.org> ask real names?

Problem is that the voting system allows anonymous votes, generating a
random user "login" for each vote. session based cookies, hidden by an
ajax based vote - some people might be able to exploit that. But it does
not really explain the returning series of up/down votes - that's for
the sysadmin at nagios enterprises.

Or maybe we can really think
> people ask a road map for this project and answers? You can also read
> some of the post around the web like
> http://linuxfr.org/~naparuba/29408.html (sorry this one is in french)
> that speak about it and see what real people (with not a random name if
> you prefer) thinks about the need of answer about where the project is
> going.

Hm, would be nice if you could translate a bit. Others might not
understand a bit of French as I do.

Kind regards,
Michael