New Nagios implementation proposal

nap naparuba at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 14:45:58 CET 2009

Thanks this is very usefull, I'll look at it :)

I test with a random check 1->10 and it's ok for latency. It just
needs a lot of workers so I'm trying to allow workers to launch
several process at a time and so use less workers (from 200->4) and
from now it's even faster an use less memory (one worker is a fork of
poller, and poller is near 10Mo of resident memory so less Worker,
less memory used). I just test with a 200K random time check, 4
workers, 512 process/worker and it runs fine (load average at 3 and
still some %idle available :) ).

Now I'm trying a 300K configuration (still the same random time check) :D

But remember : Shinken is far more than good performances. Its
architecture is also important and I would like to have your feed back
about it too.

Jean