New Nagios implementation proposal

Sven Nierlein sven at consol.de
Wed Dec 2 13:54:37 CET 2009

Hi,

nap wrote:
> You are right. I also test with my real production configuration (7000
> services) and the load averege of the server was 5 time less that my
> Nagios server. I also try to bench with a "echo; sleep 0.5; exit" and
> it was still very high. I will try the "random 1 ->10".

Maybe this perl module can be helpful for you:
http://search.cpan.org/dist/Nagios-Generator-TestConfig/

I just uploaded a new version, so maybe you would like to use the
git repository until cpan is updated.
http://github.com/sni/Nagios-Generator-TestConfig

You dont have to install this module, just git clone it and create a
test configuration. You may have to adjust the settings from the
examples/create_nagios_test_config.pl

At least you could use the shipped host/service plugins, as they exactly
do what you want. They simulate down/up/flapping/random hosts and
services etc...

Sven

http://p.sf.net/sfu/redhat-sfdev2dev