quick installation guides / useradd (bug?)

Wolfgang wnd at gmx.net
Sat May 24 23:50:44 CEST 2008

Hi *

Using Ubuntu 8.04 Desktop Edition I tried to install Nagios according to the quick installation guide. As some other people I wasn't able to start Nagios via the init script because the home directory wasn't created. Reading the man page I discovered that you have to use the "-m" option to have the directory created. SuSE seems to be affected, too. I assume that it also applies to Red Hat/Fedora but I have no access to such systems.

Wolfgang