quick installation guides / useradd (bug?)

Bernd Arnold bernd_a at gmx.de
Fri May 30 18:19:46 CEST 2008

Hi!

I'm using the 8.04 Server Edition of Ubuntu and Nagios 3.0.1. I've set up Nagios as described in the installation guide, too.

The message 'Home directory doesn't exist... assuming "/"' came every time I've started Nagios. So the init script worked. There was only this annoying message.

Thanks for your hint with the -m switch. I stopped Nagios, ran "userdel nagios", "useradd -m nagios" and now, when starting Nagios, the message doesn't appear any longer. And Nagios still seems to work :-)

Regards
Bernd

--
Super-Aktion nur in der GMX Spieleflat: 10 Tage für 1 Euro.
Über 180 Spiele downloaden: http://flat.games.gmx.de