ndoutils and historical performance data

Mike Conigliaro conigliaro at getproactivenow.com
Sat Apr 14 23:45:27 CEST 2007

hey chris, thanks for the response, but im not sure what you mean about
the performance output being "free form."  i always thought there was a
defined spec:

http://nagiosplug.sourceforge.net/developer-guidelines.html#AEN202

im also not sure why code would be needed from the perfparse project.
what im suggesting is that there would be advantages to having ndoutils
parse the performance output in real time as the host/service check
results are received.  are there some disadvantages im not aware of?  it
seems like this could be done pretty easily with a regular expression
and a loop to do the appropriate table inserts.

even if there are no plans to incorporate graphing into the new nagios
web interface, why not make it easier us 3rd party developers?  my point
is that if the parsed performance data was stored somewhere (perhaps in
its own table), it would be trivial to generate graphs from it.