Patch for Plugin "No Output"

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Wed Nov 1 13:06:58 CET 2006

Ton Voon wrote:

> On 1 Nov 2006, at 11:13, Andreas Ericsson wrote:
>
>> AFAIK, changes to the nagios code
>> aren't pushed to sorefrog CVS until 3.0-alpha hits the streets, more or
>> less, so finding any code for it would mean badgering Ethan into sending
>> whatever he's got wherever he's got it.
>
> Wrong. CVS HEAD on sourceforge is the upcoming Nagios 3.0. Ethan said at
> the Netways Nagios Conference that you can download the CVS from
> http://nagios.org/download/ and use it with all the latest goodies. Some
> people are already doing this.

Sweet. Download in progress.

> We'll start testing it at Altinity in earnest when Ethan marks it as beta.
>
>> It would be neat to have the
>> development taking place more in public though, as this would let more
>> people peek at the code and hack up improvements and suchlike. I also
>> think this would prevent some of the inevitable 3.0-bugs and would quite
>> possibly speed up the introduction of new features quite a bit.
>
> Nothing stopping you from downloading the snapshot and submitting
> patches back on this mailing list.

Snapshots leave a lot to be desired in terms of how easy they are to
work with and see changes done. Most importantly, they don't let me see
the commit-messages and rationale for changes. Besides that, I hate
juggling patches. It's damn nice to import it all into into git though.
That way I can just hack away and have git send the diffs when I'm done.
That's what I do with nagiosplug as well, btw, but we're facing quite a
bit of problems with merging our changes since we forked with the
changes in upstream.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se