Patch for Plugin "No Output"

Ton Voon ton.voon at altinity.com
Wed Nov 1 13:46:18 CET 2006

On 1 Nov 2006, at 12:06, Andreas Ericsson wrote:

> That's what I do with nagiosplug as well, btw, but we're facing
> quite a
> bit of problems with merging our changes since we forked with the
> changes in upstream.

Bingo!

Juggling patches is horrible. We do it in a manual way (I think it is
similar to how Debian uses dpatch) and publish all our patches
(http://source.altinity.org/source/ under patches/). It is a pain the
arse, it is slow, it is hard to patch a patch, etc, etc, etc.

But we keep doing it this way because then it is in *our interest* to
get our patches back upstream to the main core code. It stops us
doing a complete fork. In short, it keeps us honest.

Use of git or whatever local SCM system you use, makes it easier *for
you*.

Ton

http://www.altinity.com
T: +44 (0)870 787 9243