Patch for Plugin "No Output"

Ton Voon ton.voon at altinity.com
Wed Nov 1 12:30:01 CET 2006

On 1 Nov 2006, at 11:13, Andreas Ericsson wrote:

>> As an aside, is there a way I can get involved in the 3.x series
>> discussions/development?  If nothing else, I'd sure like to see
>> what's
>> coming around the corner and perhaps help out...
>
> I think you're in it, more or less.

Correct.

> AFAIK, changes to the nagios code
> aren't pushed to sorefrog CVS until 3.0-alpha hits the streets,
> more or
> less, so finding any code for it would mean badgering Ethan into
> sending
> whatever he's got wherever he's got it.

Wrong. CVS HEAD on sourceforge is the upcoming Nagios 3.0. Ethan said
at the Netways Nagios Conference that you can download the CVS from
http://nagios.org/download/ and use it with all the latest goodies.
Some people are already doing this.

We'll start testing it at Altinity in earnest when Ethan marks it as
beta.

> It would be neat to have the
> development taking place more in public though, as this would let more
> people peek at the code and hack up improvements and suchlike. I also
> think this would prevent some of the inevitable 3.0-bugs and would
> quite
> possibly speed up the introduction of new features quite a bit.

Nothing stopping you from downloading the snapshot and submitting
patches back on this mailing list.

Ton

http://www.altinity.com
T: +44 (0)870 787 9243