ndomod.c persistence questions

Ethan Galstad nagios at nagios.org
Thu May 4 22:45:43 CEST 2006

This is a rather old post, but its catch-up time on my end...

Nicholas Whiting wrote:
> After spending some time looking through the
> ndomod.c code I have some questions in regards to
> the sinkbuf struct.
>
> 1. It's my understanding that this is only an in-memory
> linked list. Does this not create a  potential for lost
> events when the broker dies. Should ndomod_sink_buffer_deinit
> function maybe write out its contents to disk on module
> termination and read in this file on ndomod restart?
> What about the case if the module dies erroneously during
> standard execution?

Good catch!  I just added this functionality to the NDO mod and will
release a new version once I catch up on the other patches/requests on
the lists.

> 2. rather that writing sinkbuf to file, perhaps a backend
> data store such as sqlite or berkeleydb could serve as an
> additional persistence layer for these events.
>
> I apologize in advance if I've misunderstood the c code and
> my assumptions are wrong.

A simple file should be sufficient for doing this, as its quite simple
to write and read the file to/from the sinkbuf struct.

> Nicholas Whiting
> Network Management Administrator
> nicholas.whiting at guest-tek.com
> www.guest-tek.com1-866-509-1010