bug with cyrillic text in host alias

Danila Kutepkin skorbets at rambler.ru
Tue May 9 12:55:16 CEST 2006

Hi there!

I'm trying to make nagios show cyrillic text (in HOSTALIAS). After
some simple changes, it becomes to show correct symdols in
statusmap.cgi.
But, I can't undestand, why does Nagios send empty (space) symbols
instead of cyrillic text in Notification e-mails. For example, I have
a host named Host1 and some alias for int in cyrillic (KOI8).  Locale
of nagios user is KOI8, web-interface show cyr tex correctly too, I
can send e-mail with cyr symbols from nagios users shell. But the
e-mail, that was generated by nagios process still bad.