status file and event handler update order

Bruce Campbell nagios-devel at vicious.dropbear.id.au
Fri Jun 30 12:55:35 CEST 2006

On Thu, 29 Jun 2006, Sean McKell wrote:

> OK, the host macros work like you said  - muy bien, thanks.
>
> Now, how do I get correct status on the services associated with a host, in
> one event handler?  I want to gather the status of the services of the host
> that match the state given by the macros.  Understand?

Assuming that you know the name of the services on the host, you can use:

 	$SERVICEMACRO:host_name:service_description$

to retrieve the value of $SERVICEMACRO$ as relevant for host_name/
service_description.  Note that these will be as of the last check made
for that host/service, which may be some time ago.

There isn't a way to get, via the macros, a list of services on a host.

( http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/macros.html )

--
   Bruce Campbell

   A: It breaks the natural flow of conversation.