the new gui?

Eric Persson eric at persson.tm
Tue Jan 17 13:53:11 CET 2006

Ethan Galstad wrote:
> 2.  Preliminary work on the PHP interface will begin in about 1
> month.  The first things that need to be worked out include:
>
> 	- Authentication mechanisms
> 	- Authorization rules
> 	- Multi-language support
> 	- Theme support
>
> 3.  General work on the PHP interface will begin in 2-3 months.
> Several people have already volunteered to help out - if you'd like
> to be included, drop me an email and I'll let you know when things
> are ready to get started.

It all sounds very good to me, are there plans on using some existing
framework for the base of the interface, such as
Seagull(http://seagull.phpkitchen.com/) to avoid handling authentication
and such stuff, and just focus on the application logic?

I would recommend seagull, since the core is very small and efficient
and well written, and all the extra bloat could easily be removed for
this cause.

Either way, however, please include me on the list as I would like to
keep myself updated on this.

Thanks again everyone for this great piece of software, what should my
networks be without it? ;)

/Eric