the new gui?

Ethan Galstad nagios at nagios.org
Mon Jan 16 22:27:50 CET 2006

On 16 Jan 2006 at 11:57, Eric Persson wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Been lurking the list for quite some time here..
>
> Whats the status of the new php-gui for nagios, is there a release
> schedule or havent it started yet?
>
> Thanks for greate software,
> 	Eric

There's no release schedule yet, asI'm still planning how things will
work out.  Here's my initial plan so far...

1.  The NDOUtils addon will likely be merged with the Nagios CVS code
as development on 3.0 gets started.  This will provide DB integration
(initially with MySQL only).

2.  Preliminary work on the PHP interface will begin in about 1
month.  The first things that need to be worked out include:

	- Authentication mechanisms
	- Authorization rules
	- Multi-language support
	- Theme support

3.  General work on the PHP interface will begin in 2-3 months.
Several people have already volunteered to help out - if you'd like
to be included, drop me an email and I'll let you know when things
are ready to get started.

All things considered, we are probably 6-9 months away from having a
decent PHP replacement for the current CGIs.  The CGIs won't be
removed from Nagios 3.x CVS until the PHP interface is ready to go.

Ethan Galstad,
Nagios Developer
---
Email: nagios at nagios.org