Patch submission for comments : CGI speed improvement (XNG)

Andre Bergei andre.bergei at ementor.no
Wed Jul 20 23:54:51 CEST 2005

>	Now, the next step is to see if you find it interesting enough to include it in a future version of
>nagios. If you test it, please let me know how much improvement it brings in your case.
>
>	Installing :
>
>	The reference version for this patch is the 2.0b3 (I will do it for the CVS version if needed). The file >names it uses are not read in configuration file yet. They must be set manually in xdata/xsdng.c and
>xdata/xodng.c, as XSDNG_DUMP_FILE and XODNG_DUMP_FILE. In a future version, the names can be derived from the >'status_file' and 'object_cache_file' config vars, or there can be two new config vars for them, TBD.
>
>	Regards
>
>	Fran篩s

Hi.

I decided to test this patch in my test enviroment against my configuration with 3000 hosts and 30000 services, but after patching nagios segfaults with

-snip
Starting network monitor: nagios
/etc/init.d/nagios: line 185:  4257 Segmentation fault      $NagiosBin
-v $NagiosCfgFile >/dev/null 2>&1
CONFIG ERROR!  Start aborted.  Check your Nagios configuration.
-snip

Of course, my configuration works with clean nagios 2.0 code.

Here is my steps

I downloaded nagios2b3
I patched it with: cat nagios_xng_patch_1.0 | patch -p1
./configure prefix=/opt/nagios/
Make all (no errors)
Make install (no errors)

My system is a 2x3Ghz Xeon on Debian Sarge with GCC 3.3.5
Attached is a strace dump of the nagios execution.

cheers
Andrè Bergei