Introduction, Linux World

John Mark Walker jmwalker at itgroundwork.com
Wed Jul 20 19:13:56 CEST 2005

Hello,

My name is John Mark Walker, and I am the new developer relations person
at GroundWork. I wanted to take the time to introduce myself, because
I'm sure I'll be working with many of you from time to time.

For the last three years, I worked at No Starch Press, a computer book
publisher in San Francisco, working with various developer communities
to find new book authors. By the way, you may be interested to know that
No Starch is working on a Nagios book these days, and I'm sure you'll
hear more about that as it gets closer to release.

Before No Starch I worked at VA Research/Linux/Software first as a web
developer and later as a community outreach member and finally as the
SourceForge.net Foundry Manager. I got to work with a lot of great open
source developers.

Now that I'm at GroundWork, my first order of business has been to
organize a Nagios birds-of-a-feather at Linux World. I was wondering if
any of you will be attending and whether you would be interested in
helping out with the BoF. There's also a possibility of hosting a BoF at
OSCon in Portland the week before. Is anyone attending that conference
as well?

Thanks,

--
John Mark Walker                    Direct: 510 899 7783
Developer Relations Manager         Mobile: 408 621 7061
GroundWork Open Source Solutions    E-mail: jmwalker at itgroundwork.com
2200 Powell Street, Suite 350       http://www.itgroundwork.com/
Emeryville, CA 94608