Patch submission for comments : CGI speed imp rovement (XNG)

Fran=?utf-8?B?w6c=?=ois Laupretre francois.laupretre-prestataire at calyon.com
Thu Jul 21 15:29:47 CEST 2005

Hi,

Thanks for your interest. I started to rewrite the code of this patch
because it is much too sensible to the way the compiler aligns its data
structures. I didn't try it on Linux but I tried it with several optimize
options (gcc) on Solaris and it proves that incrementing pointers in structs
is not reliable.

I started rewriting the code with two dedicated serialize & unserialize
functions for each data structure, but I didn't have enough time to complete
it, and I won't be available to work on it until the end of August.

Regards

François