check_rta (next check_icmp) + public key

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Sat Jan 29 12:19:43 CET 2005

Ahoy all.

To all those who have tested and commented on check_rta, thanks.

I've fixed the SIGSEGV crash (I think, at least I can't reproduce it on
my own system any more), and some timing issues causing check_rta to
time out prematurely with an obscene packet loss even in close quarters.

Inspired by the check_traceroute (or check_route, I don't remember) perl
plugin, I've also added an -l flag to specify time-to-live on outgoing
packets. It accepts an empty value, so it should work nicely for
checking redundant lines (and hosts) in Nagios 2.0.

The latest version is available from the usual places;
https://devel.op5.se/oss
http://oss.op5.se/nagios

For those of you who have offered me access to Solaris and *BSD boxes,
I've attached my public SSH-key. The following commands should work to
allow me in without a password.
useradd -m exon
mkdir ~exon/.ssh
cp id_dsa.pub ~exon/.ssh/authorized_keys
chown exon:exon -R ~exon/.ssh
chmod 700 -R ~exon/.ssh

Send me a private email with the hostname/ip-address when you're done.
I'd like to spend this day testing everything out so it can be in the
1.4-release of the plugins and we can finally get rid of check_ping and
the likes.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se
Lead Developer