db2 & websphere alerts

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Sun Jan 23 20:34:39 CET 2005

Trevor Warren wrote:
> Morning Guys,
>
>   At one of my customers premises we are making use of Tivoli to pull
> Operating System - DB2 -Apache and  WebSphere statistics to a
> centralised Tivoli Monitoring Region Server. Tivoli is getting to be a
> nightmare and hence i had a long time ago deployed Nagios which the
> customer uses increasingly in production rather than Tivoli.
>
>   I have achieved DB2 monitoring through Nagios and now want to
> monitor WebSphere too. Do you of any way of obtaining the WebSphere
> monitoring parameters from the host operating system on which it
> resides. All i know is that WAS has its own Performance Monitoring
> Interface which we can be polled for purposes of obtaining information
> with respect to the current status of the WAS instance. How do we go
> about achieving this???.

Please move this discussion to the nagios-users list. nagios-devel
discusses the internal workings of the core nagios program and the cgi
frontend.

>  If anyone needs any help with DB2 monitoring please lemme know. Take
> care and be in touch and thanks in advance dear.

If you have a plugin for it I'd be delighted if you could upload it to
the nagiosplug-devel sourceforge project. It's at
http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/nagiosplug

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se
Lead Developer