db2 & websphere alerts

Trevor Warren trevorwarren at gmail.com
Sun Jan 23 15:30:38 CET 2005

Morning Guys,

  At one of my customers premises we are making use of Tivoli to pull
Operating System - DB2 -Apache and  WebSphere statistics to a
centralised Tivoli Monitoring Region Server. Tivoli is getting to be a
nightmare and hence i had a long time ago deployed Nagios which the
customer uses increasingly in production rather than Tivoli.

  I have achieved DB2 monitoring through Nagios and now want to
monitor WebSphere too. Do you of any way of obtaining the WebSphere
monitoring parameters from the host operating system on which it
resides. All i know is that WAS has its own Performance Monitoring
Interface which we can be polled for purposes of obtaining information
with respect to the current status of the WAS instance. How do we go
about achieving this???.

 If anyone needs any help with DB2 monitoring please lemme know. Take
care and be in touch and thanks in advance dear.

Trevor