changing order in graphs

Gerd Mueller gmueller at netways.de
Fri Jan 14 09:41:34 CET 2005

Hi,

are you sure? I thought it' sorted by the hostname. So sorting by
putting numbers in front of the hostnames (r01_main_router,
s01_core_switch, ...) is already possible.

/Gerd
Am Do, den 13.01.2005 schrieb Joe Pruett um 22:53:
> i'd like to affect the layout of things in the circular layout.  i've been
> looking at the code and i see that it just uses the order that things are
> sorted by the config reading code.  that got me to thinking that i'd like
> to be able to group things (routers first, switches, servers, hosts, etc)
> without splitting everything up into hostgroups.  and that got me to
> thinking that maybe it would be nice to have a data value for objects to
> allow sorting to be affected.  i was thinking that just a simple integer
> value that would take precedence over the main string name.  a missing
> value would sort at the beginning (like a 0) and equal int values would
> then use the string.  so putting all switches at level 10 and servers at
> level 20 would do the right thing.
>
> does this sound like a useful/interesting idea?  it doesn't look like it
> should touch too much code.
>
> ps: i've made patches that fix some of the layout issues with multiple
> parents.  i'll be sending that along soon.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen aus Nürnberg,

Gerd Müller

--
Gerd Müller                   NETWAYS GmbH
Senior Systems Engineer       Deutschherrnstr. 47a