Problem with service/host updates

Jenny Aquilino aquilino1 at llnl.gov
Wed Dec 28 23:41:12 CET 2005

Hi,

I just installed and configured Nagios 2.0rc1 on a RHEL3 system and
am having some problems with how  the defined machines are being
displayed through the web interface.  If I click on "Host Detail" and
then hit the Mozilla refresh button several times, I will sometimes
the message "Host has not been checked yet" even after it has already
returned a "host ok" status.  Is this normal?  I would expect that
the information in the status field would stay the same until the
info gets crusty and then I might see a message saying that it needs
to get info.  Anyway, if someone could set me straight on what I
should expect to see, that would be great.  =)

Also, I'm also seeing a strange problem when I look at the "Hostgroup
Overview."  What happens here is that I will sometimes hit "Refresh"
and all of a sudden instead of telling me I have two services being
checked, I will get a message saying "No matching service" and the
status is "Pending".  This is really annoying because I can't go to
the webpage and get an accurate view of my network at a particular
point in time.  Any ideas?

-Jenny  =)

P.S.  BTW, Nagios is pretty kick-A.  I learned more about it at the
San Diego LISA conference and was very impressed.  Thanks for
developing such a helpful tool.  I'll see if I can't brush up on my
Perl skills and get some additional plugins working.  =)
Jennifer R. Aquilino
Energy and Environment Directorate
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
Mail Stop L-208