question regarding nagios.cmd

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Tue Dec 6 10:22:46 CET 2005

Andreas Ericsson wrote:
> enediel gonzalez wrote:
>
>> Thanks a lot for your answer
>> I found a set of entries on nagios.log like the following ones
>>
>> [1128627994] service_result_worker_thread(): poll(): EINTR (impossible)
>> [1128633624] service_result_worker_thread(): poll(): EINTR (impossible)
>>
>> How I should interact with nagios in a safe way to avoid this kind of
>> problem, I need to put some processes on debian that will configure
>> automatically the shedule downtimes.
>>
>> If the answer is well explained somewhere, please just send me the
>> references to find it.
>>

> It isn't. I wrote that error-detection code, but there's no handling for
> any of the errors it detects. It was originally done as debug-code that
> made it into main because it *could* happen but was never expected to.

Just thought I'd clarify a couple of things here;

Since it *can* happen but really never should and there's no guarantee
we'll be able to auto-fix it the only sensible thing to do is to die
after logging the error-message. On some systems these errors fix
themselves though, so dying might not always be justified.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se