question regarding nagios.cmd

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Tue Dec 6 10:12:20 CET 2005

enediel gonzalez wrote:
> Thanks a lot for your answer
> I found a set of entries on nagios.log like the following ones
>
> [1128627994] service_result_worker_thread(): poll(): EINTR (impossible)
> [1128633624] service_result_worker_thread(): poll(): EINTR (impossible)
>
> How I should interact with nagios in a safe way to avoid this kind of
> problem, I need to put some processes on debian that will configure
> automatically the shedule downtimes.
>
> If the answer is well explained somewhere, please just send me the
> references to find it.

It isn't. I wrote that error-detection code, but there's no handling for
any of the errors it detects. It was originally done as debug-code that
made it into main because it *could* happen but was never expected to.

In this particular case, EINTR should never happen (as it says), since
the sigprocmask() called earlier in the command-reaper thread is
supposed to ignore all signals (the main thread handles signals).
SIGKILL can ofcourse still happen, but it wouldn't log anything for that.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se